Friday, 7 April 2017

Last minute holiday

If anyone has missed me from blogland this week I need to explain. On Tuesday of last week I did something very impulsive and booked a week's holiday for us. I had been looking online for a late deal and hoping for a few days away when I found these luxury lodges, just over an hour's drive away, and just a mile from Bala lake. There was an available week starting on Friday, a dog-friendly lodge complete with hot-tub. Once I'd viewed these lodges, nothing else I looked at could compare so I took the bull by the horns and booked it for us and set about packing our cases.

I'll add a few photos here and write some more about our holiday over the next few days. We were blessed with lovely weather and there were lots of opportunities for days out and hot-tub time. I had read some reviews that the WiFi on the park was unreliable and having read the comments in the visitor's book I decided not to spend £10 for the WiFi and be internet-free for the week. I had packed some DVD's and reading material but as it turned out we didn't use them at all. It was only when I was checking that I had packed everything for our return home today that I found what I guess was the code for the internet on a piece of paper in one of the drawers! I'll keep it safe for if we ever decide to return to these lodges and believe me I would in a heart-beat. We were very warm and comfortable although there were just a few minor low points in the week which I'll tell you about in another blog post. So here are a few photos to be going on with:









6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time Eileen and that the weather was good. Love the photo of Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good time thanks Eunice. Apart from Saturday morning when it rained hard, it cleared up the rest of the week we had beautiful weather. I think Annie was whacked in that photo :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you, it's so nice to get away and to somewhere as comfy looking as this. I see Annie claimed her seat, lol 🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice break away and something I will be repeating for sure. That armchair had Annie's name on it from the start :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We were very comfortable there, so much so I didn't want to go home :)

      Delete